Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The first 3 months ish

I'm posting some adorable videos of Richie from his first couple months. He was a funny newborn. He hiccupped constantly which woke him up (super annoying). Or he was famous for sneezing 3-4 times in a row (still doesn't sneeze just once). His sneezes were hilarious because he would yell instead of sneeze sometimes in his tiny baby voice. Adorable. The last video was in the hospital. He was only 1 day old with hiccups. You can still see the IV in his wrist.

I can't say I was totally in love and having the best time as a new mom. I was honestly just trying to adjust to zero sleep, a colicky child, my new stretched out tummy, my new body, Justin being constantly busy, and not knowing what on earth I was doing with this baby. We had been a couple for almost 5 years and developed our own little way of life that was now almost totally gone. And I missed it. Some days I still miss it.

My sweet sister came out to help my in August when Justin went to scout camp. She brought little Elijah who, at this time, was about 7 months old. He and Richie met for the first time! So fun! Caroline managed to capture Richie's first real smiles on camera in his striped green pjs.

 Also, I just love the picture of Justin and Richie napping together. I'm biased, but I think my husband is pretty hot. Especially sleeping next to our baby.













No comments: