Monday, January 27, 2014

One year later...

Oh wow. Where has the time gone??

Why haven't I kept up to date??? I HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY to get caught up. (Please excuse any grammatical errors that will inevitably ensue.)

The easiest way to do this is to write a thousand small posts or I'll never finish this one. So where to begin? How about where we left off....

I'm a vegan now. Hurray. Loving it! My kidney stones disappeared, I lost some weight, I have more energy, I feel happier, and I love knowing that I'm helping the demand for animals suffering miserable lives in factory farms decrease. Go me.

The rest of the ski season last year DRAGGED ON. Why? Umm, try massaging people with a ginormous belly, with little energy at 8000 feet, while having sciatica and smell aversions. Not awesome. The last part of my pregnancy my sweet manager let me switch to working on reservations (basically answering phones in the front of the spa and making reservations for appointments.)

But we managed for me to finish the ski season and start maternity leave at the end of May.

Justin started nursing school! Yay! We were so excited for him to start a new career path after the people at his current employment showed over and over that they do not promote internally. Justin had a rough first semester taking a stupid class that forces students to learn EVERY DRUG when they're obviously going to forget most of the info and have to look up the drugs on the job anyway. But I digress.

During leave I slept a lot. (Which I TOTALLY took for granted.) I gardened a bit. I was very proud of my wildflowers in the front garden. Mostly I just starred at the dogs and took pictures of them. One day my dear friend Carrie gave me a Watsu massage. Watsu is an underwater massage that is easy on the joints and mimics the feeling of being in the womb. It was incredible. Watsu and pregnancy are like peanut butter and jelly. They belong together. And I got very sunburned. Totally worth it though.






















In June I started teaching my first massage class in Advanced Integrative Therapies. A fancy way of saying, trigger point therapy or "how to work out knots in people's muscles and learn your anatomy at the same time." It would have been awesome if my students wouldn't have been so hard. This particular group of students needed to be bribed to shower as showering was not believed to be helpful. (Even when I explained the plagues of Europe being caused by germs and not washing the body or hands they didn't believe me.) So it was a rough 8 class sessions. Not my favorite experience. Especially being 9 months pregnant.



Anyway, Richie was due the 21st and he didn't come. So... I will post the next segment on his birth story.

No comments: