Monday, September 14, 2009

School sucks

I was so excited for school last year after my two year break. But then again, I was taking some of my favorite classes: intellectual traditions of the west, anatomy and nutrition. This year the night before we started school both Justin and I were feeling like this:

Anyway, I think I'm finally starting to get into the groove... 4 weeks into the semester. It's really hard to focus when there are warm summer days, farmers markets and weekend trips. I am finally panicking this week as my physics and trigonometry test are looming this Friday. But in the back of my head I just want to hang out, can some salsa and fruit, shop at Ann Taylor Loft and go backpacking in the mountains. Today is a lovely rainy day and I'm enjoying sitting on my red Ikea couch (thanks auntie liz!) while I do physics problems and check facebook intermittently while the rain pours down in the avenues.

Since our whitewater adventure, we went boating two weekends ago and Justin did his huge bike race of the year: the Lotoja! I'm totally stealing Brandi's pictures of our boating trip, but here they are:

My brother-in-law, Josh, surfing with 4 year old nephew, Ashton... WHAT??!?

Justin got up on the wakeboard... AFTER the camera died. So here is a failed attempt.

And after surfing, everyone just left me stranded in the lake. Probably to help my fish phobia.

Oakley ate 1/2 of my sandwich. The reason it's interesting is because the sandwich had sprouts, lettuce, tomato, pickle and havarti cheese with turkey. How many 3 year olds do you know that love those???

Josh and his wife, Melissa were way good at wakeboarding.

Zach got up on a fluke attempt. Melissa wasn't paying attention so she drove 28 mph, 4 mph+ than the pros board at. He ate it pretty bad in the end.

And here we are, chilling in the end. I'll post Lotoja pics later. (BTW, it's LO-TAH-JAH, not LA-TOE-JAH)

No comments: