Sunday, September 27, 2009

Babies EVERYWHERE

So everyone at church is sick of hearing me talk about this so I'll just blog about it instead. Has anyone else noticed that this is a year for having babies??? I swear, something in the water has impregnanted everyone around me. Here is just a list of women that I know of in my church that have had babies:

Jocelyn and Todd had baby JM
Chris and Emily had baby Brooks
Jody and Alex had baby Elsa
Jessica and Jon had baby Emelia
Stephanie and Doug had a baby girl last week
Marci and Bromley are having a baby soon
The Harveys had a baby this year
Brad and his wife are having a baby
And I think I'm missing a few couples...

Then at work my boss, Michelle, had baby Marshall. My co-worker, Tiffany, just had baby Lila. My other co-worker, Flor, is having a baby this month.
A bunch of my friends are also preggers. I went to Charise's baby shower yesterday and she's having a boy in 3-6 weeks. My friend Elizabeth from Telluride is having a baby soon. There are countless others on facebook that are posting ultrasound pictures.

You would think this would make me baby hungry and make me want to beg Justin to consider it. But no, actually. In fact, it's just turning that "mother" button inside me off. I don't want kids for A LONG time. And by long I mean like 4-8 years. Haha. Don't get me wrong. All the babies I've seen this year are adorable and make cute cooing noises and wear adorable baby clothes. I like looking at them and holding them for a few minutes but after that I'm happy that I get to just enjoy being newlywed with just me and Justin. We stay up late studying together, travel a lot, spend time up in the mountains and buy nice gear. Our lives are actually pretty darn fun right now. (Minus the homework.) Anyway. Good for all you mothers and fathers out in the world. I think you are all amazing people and very self-sacrificing. Maybe one day I'll know what it's like. :)

No comments: