Monday, September 21, 2009

AMAZING COOKIES!!!

So Saturday was a fun day for us. After working all morning we went to dinner with a bunch of my friends from high school. I set up the time and place and invited everyone (since everyone else is way too passive.) We went to Cafe Trang and had a great time. If I had a picture I would post it. But I'll just say that my girlfriends, the twins-Becky and Heather- came. Ryan Himmighoeffer, who just returned from his 2 year mission in Germany/Austra came as well as my long time friend Cory Klein who was recently engaged. Everyone brought their spouses, girlfriends and fiances. It was way fun and I had some amazing vietnamese pork Ha Noi noodles. We spent most of our time talking about how most of us met/starting dating our significant other via Facebook. The rest of the conversation revolved around making fun of Becky and Heather. Good times!

Later that night Justin literally made the best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies I have EVER eaten... EVER. And Oatmeal Chocolate Chip were already my favorite! Just wanted to spread the love by giving out the recipe:

2/3 C sugar
2/3 C brown sugar
1/2 C butter
1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
3 C oats
1 C flour (he used wheat)
1 C dark chocolate chips

Beat together, adding the oats, flour and chocolate chips last. Bake at 375 in 2 inch balls for 10 minutes. You will wet your pants they are soooooooooooooooooo gooood!!!!!

Bye now!

No comments: