Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wedding and Whitewater

Last week was a friggin blast. We only had to work a few days and the rest of the week was monopolized by a wedding and vacay to Jackson Hole. Justin's best friend, Tyrel married his girl Samantha. Tyrel is the kid that looks like Frodo and was nicknamed that in High School. We thought it was funny that Frodo was marrying Sam. Here's the recap:Monday: Justin threw Tyrel a bachelor's party. Okay, semi-bachelor's party. In the Mormon world a bachelor's party usually consists of XBox or poker. Justin and the boys went mountain biking on the Crest trail from Big Cottonwood into Millcreek Canyon. Afterwards they ate at Braza Grill (A Brasilian churrasco restuarant) and then played XBox at someone's house til 1 am. I thought they were too tame so I spiced things up by sending Justin off with some jell-o boobs. I made flesh colored Jell-o in some round bowls and added cherries for the nipples. I would post a picture... but it might be a little inappropriate for some. Tyrel's friend pinned him and his brother in law shoved the boobs in his face.

Tuesday: Tyrel's mom threw him a block party. Justin and I manned the giant inflatable slide so that the little kids wouldn't get out of control. They also had a climbing wall, jumping pin, snow cones and cotton candy.

Wednesday: The wedding!
They got married in the Bountiful temple and the sealing was beautiful. I cried. Haha. Afterwards we watched them take pictures on the temple grounds. The rest of the day we lounged and went to their reception that night.

Thursday: Scott and Briley flew up from Phoenix. Justin met Scott on his mission in Brasil and Briley is Scott's girlfriend. After work they picked me up in Park City and we drove to Jackson Hole where we all crashed after a long day of travel.Friday-Sunday: Justin guided the rafts 3 times as we ran the Snake River. He's a pretty studly guide in my opinion. It's the cyclist farmer tan that makes him so hot without a shirt on. Lunch counter is a baby rapid now and Big Kahuna is HUGE. We discovered that the best boats to hit the rapids are the smaller more gooshy ones so here is a huge hit on the red one. Once when the people on our boat wouldn't paddle so we got stuck on a rock I got thrown to the middle of the boat with three other people on top me. I incurred a slight injury. At one point it got way cold, started to rain and we had to pull over to wait for another boat to pass. After 20 minutes it was miserable.Between river trips we roasted marshmallows, played cards and Jeff (Tyrel's dad) made about 10 different dutch oven cobblers. I never realized how much I love cobbler. Listen to the insanity of these varieties: peach, blackberry peach, cherry peach, rhubarb, apple, cherry and a bunch of others. The 60 of us on the trip went nuts. Especially since most of us were young starving students. The night before we left we went into Jackson and got candy at Yippy-I-O and dinner at the Bunnery. The next day we left in the morning as the clouds had rolled in and a mist settled on the river. That night had been creepy because everybody but the 4 of us left leaving the group campground empty and quiet. Every little noise freaked us out. But after a prayer and getting ready for the night we calmed down and slept through the cold night. It probably got into the high 30s that night. Well, that's the end of our 3rd trip to Jackson this year.

2 comments:

Aaron and Rachel said...

Adrienne, oh my goodness, I just found you blog! That's so exciting your married, I think I heard about it through the grape vine! You look great! You and your husband make a darling pair!

Adrienne said...

Thanks! I didn't recognize you Rachel! I had to read half your blog before I realized who it was! Haha. You're looking awesome these days. How's life been?