Friday, August 7, 2009

Tour de Park City

What is this? Two blog entries in one day? I was inspired today when my Aunt Liz said she actually reads my blog. So I decided to catch up on all our recent adventures and news.

This is about the century ride Justin did last Saturday in Park City. Apparently it's a pretty intense ride. Some of the climbs are pretty difficult. It didn't help Justin that he had given blood that week to the Red Cross so his hemoglobin levels and RBC were way low. Despite the fact that I made him suck down water the night before and eat a huge plate of whole wheat pasta, he bonked a few times pretty bad. Lesson learned: don't give blood 2 weeks within a major ride. But thanks to his ride we now have a free ProBar, a coupon for free bread at Great Harvest, 15% off at the Pearl iZumi outlet and he has a new pair of cycling socks... all for $65 and 100 miles of sweat. I had to wait for Justin for three hours. Yay. Here he is crossing the finish line! I just love a man covered in spandex bearing his bare chest. So hot. Check out his hair in this picture. The sweat had plastered his hair in the shape of his helmet. This is our car, Giselle, by the way. Justin named her after the Brasilian supermodel because he thinks our black Subi with tinted windows is super sexy. I actually do too. And here he is, with bloodshot eyes, digging into a Cafe Rio salad after riding 6 hours straight. Good job babe!

No comments: