Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Summer backpacking

I forgot to mention the one and only backpacking trip Justin and I went on this summer! We went in September to the Uintahs to Granddaddy Lake with some of good friends, Evelyn and Richard Creighton. Evelyn and I were super close in High School and never get to see each other anymore so we had a blast! We went over Labor Day weekend. Richard brought a blow dart gun, a machete, a guitar, flute and tambourine. These guys know how to have fun. Campfire time was great because we had our own little band to entertain us. We tried fishing for the 2 1/2 days, but no one caught a single fish or got a single bite. Good thing we brought enough food.
Justin and I brought our puppies which was as challenging as it was fun. Porsche was a champ and didn't even need to be on a leash the whole trip! She loved the cold, loved to explore and didn't even blink an eye when it started to hail our first night and day. She just curled up in the tent and passed out. Koda, on the other hand, is a bit more of a fancy pants. We let him off the leash a few times and disaster struck so we kept him on the rest of the of time. He got cold so decided in the middle of the night to sleep on top of me in my sleeping bag (which I didn't mind since it was FREEZING!).  Justin and I had a blast and so did the Creightons.
Evelyn took some great family photos while Richard put their chew stick on his fishing pole to keep them looking at the camera.
We love our dogs and we love our friends. Thanks Rich and Ev for making it so fun!








No comments: