Thursday, November 15, 2012

4 years and counting!

Four years and one day ago we were here! Getting married in the Salt Lake Temple. 
For our anniversary, it was Justin's year to plan. He always does an amazing job planning romantic dates. 
After taking a particularly rough exam in micropathology, he came home.
We both took the day off from work so we had lunch together at home and watched a movie together.
That may sound boring, but to us it's a total luxury. It was awesome. 
Afterward he took me the best place on earth, the temple. We went back to the place our marriage started 4 years ago to remember the promises and covenants we made with each other and the Lord. It was very special and spiritually uplifting.
Afterwards, I was STARVING and he took me to Fleming's steakhouse. We don't eat at expensive restaurants often, but when we do, I definitely don't hold back.
It was delicious! We both ate WAY too much. Not judging me yet? Well listen to this.
I ate jumbo crabcakes, a wedge salad, shrimp scampi, zuccini vermicelli, sauteed corn, mashed potatoes, and some of our chocolate lava cake. Plus 5 or 6 house made lemonades.... I lost count.
Justin had chipotle mac and cheese, a filet mignon salad, corn, potatoes, about 10 cokes (of course!), and most of the chocolate lava cake with ice cream. Yes, I am a food snob. So eating like that was a real treat.
One that the scale won't let me forget. 
Oh well. 
All in all, it was a fantastic anniversary. I love my husband and I am looking forward to the next bazillion years together. (If I make it to heaven, of course. I'm convinced Justin's already got in. He's so much better than me.)


No comments: