Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's been a while....

Woah... where did the last year and a half go??? Holy smokes.

Things finally settled down so now it looks like I am going to get back into that favorite female Mormon ritual of advertising my life to the public through blogging.

This post could probably be a million pages long if I got into the details. But let's just do the quickie recap:

May 2011: Went to Mexico with J to decompress from school and spend 10 days in the Riviera Maya. Saw some cool ruins. Oh yeah, and we graduated with a BS in Biology and minor in Chemistry for J and a BS in Exercise Physiology for me.

June 2011: Went to India. By myself. How about that? I went with the study abroad Public Health program through the U of Utah to study environmental health by participating in research in rural northern India. (Chandigarh to be exact.) Trip was supposed to be 3 weeks, but ended 1 week early because I got so sick from the water/food.

July 2011: Silver lining from my India trip.... the day after I returned to the motherland we found out my Mother in law needed a double bypass. Boy was I glad to be in town for that to support my husband and his family.

September 2011: Lotoja! Supported J on his 4th ride. Fun fun fun!

October 2011: Went on a FANTASTIC trip to the East Coast with J. He had never been East of Colorado so I thought it was time. We flew in to DC, drove to my grandparents house in Southern Va. (Seriously, their house is in the middle of NO WHERE. No cell service, no grocery store for miles.... it's awesome.) We went to a Bluegrass Festival called The Festy and ran a corresponding 10k trail run in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Then we drove up to Palmyra, NY. Saw some church sites. Went to Hershey World on the way. Then drove to NYC for a day. Yep, just 1 day. That's all it takes, apparently, for my husband to officially hate NYC. Then we drove to Philly to stay with our friends and see the city. Best water ice ever in Philly! Then drove to DC and spent our last day seeing museums and government buildings.
The last part of October, Montage sent me to Laguna Beach to train for work with some co-workers. I felt very grown up being paid to stay at the Montage Laguna Beach and train for 3 days.

Winter 2011-2012: Worked a lot. That's all.

April 2012: We bought a house. Yes. That's right. More about that later....
Went to Newport Beach with my family and visited Trader Joe's about 17934789 times.
Got our first dog, Koda! A 6 month old Sib. Husky

July 2012: Went to Oahu with Justin's family to celebrate our niece's first birthday with a traditional Hawaiian luau.
Got our 2nd dog, Porsche! A 3 month old Sib. Husky rescue from a puppy mill in Minnesota

August 2012: Went to Seattle to visit my cute sister and her family. Was my first time to Seattle!

September 2012: Went back to the East Coast by myself for a super fun girls trip with my old partner in crime, Evelyn, and my newest partner in crime, Elizabeth. Went to NYC for 3 days and Philly for 2 days to visit our friend Charise and her family. Saw my first Broadway, Wicked, and then on a whim saw my 2nd Broadway, Mary Poppins!! So fun


So that brings us to today! Here are some picture highlights of the last year and half of my life. Enjoy.




























































No comments: