Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tribute


My cousin Mike sent me an article today that was published about Denver water treatment history. In it my Granddad was mentioned a few times and this picture of him (on the right) as Lab Chief taking the USGS director on a tour in 1976 was posted. My Granddad was a chemist for the US Government and worked under the US Geological Survey for many years. He was a leader in setting up water treatment in different states across the US including Denver and Utah. He retired with my Grandma in Virginia for 20 something years. Last fall we moved him here because he suffers from Alzheimer's disease and now he stays at Silverado Alzheimer's Retirement Home. My Grandma also suffers from less severe Alzheimer's and lives at Sunrise Assisted Living just up the street.
I'm so grateful for their contributions to society. I love them both very much!

No comments: