Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

Why do I love Easter so much?

I love that commercialization hasn't swallowed the holiday up in candy and shallow presents. I love that Easter comes on Sunday, my day of rest. I love that it comes at the beginning of spring with promises of sunshine, warmth and green grass.

Most of all, I love knowing and remembering that Christ rose from the tomb. That He lives. He overcame death to be fully ressurected with a body of flesh and blood. He is not dead. He is alive and He is fully invested in all of our lives and has provided a way to give up all that weighs us down. I have not seen His physical body, but I know that He lives. I feel Him in every moment of pure love, goodness and peace. My husband and I are so grateful to know that whatever worries us, weighs us down and makes us feel less, we can lean on Him and use His gift of atonement to feel the peace He left for us.

Happy Easter. I'm so grateful the tomb was empty.

No comments: