Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is always in my top three of favorite holidays. Something about dedicating a day to be thankful is so relaxing and wholesome. Justin and I slept in til 8:30 that morning! Then I spent an hour with Justin preparing food, cleaning up the kitchen and eating breakfast. I know it's silly to post about what we ate and made, but I'm a food snob so I'll do it anyway. I made a salad with pomegranate, walnut and gorgonzola with a raspberry vinagrette. For breakfast I had some beets with lemon juice and a fried egg over sunflower bread. Delicious!

We left the house around noon, visited our friend Marianna Stringham in Holladay and her adorable malamute, Whistler (named after the resort). Then we picked up the Henderson family dog, Zoey to take for a hike. We adore Zoey. Not only is she sweet but we kept getting compliments about how pretty she is. Our desire to get our own dog is getting worse and worse. Zoey, of course, loved the snow (being a purebred Alaskan husky).We hiked up Millcreek canyon. The trail was so muddy we didn't make it to the overlook, but the hike was beautiful still.

After dropping Zoey home we headed to my parents house in Highland. My Aunt Cathy and Uncle Karl came over with their sons Eric and Ryan. Eric is a junior at Skyline High and Ryan is a sophomore at UC Berkley studying Physics and Music. I love my family!Dinner was sooooo good. My sister Caroline and her husband brought their chihuahua puppy, Buster. My parents have a 2 year old dachschund named Devo so the two little dogs played together all night. I wish I had pictures, they're so funny to watch. After dinner we watched the best movie EVER: Twilight.... with RiffTrax! So funny. If you are a Twilight fan you may not appreciate it, but since my whole family thinks Twilight is literary garbage we loved it. After pumpkin cheesecake (which Caroline made) my mom, my sisters Caroline and Hilary, my Aunt Cathy and I made earrings! The boys watched football. These are my creation.
Love Thanksgiving! Now we have more holidays and vacations to look forward to. In the next month my niece Rylee will be having her one year old baby Luau, Caroline will be turning 22, my nephew Ashton turns 5, Christmas will be here and then we are leaving for Brasil! Yay!!

No comments: