Monday, September 29, 2008

Engaged.

Well, my friends, the time has come. I have foresaken my sworn oath to hate men and live as a free woman, shunning all domestic endeavors. I will no longer spend my money carelessly on makeup, clothing, outdoor gear (well... maybe I'll still buy outdoor gear) and dark chocolate. My selfish whims are going out the window to be replaced with "partnership." Mine and Evelyn's dream of growing old together with millions of cats has been left behind. I will no longer spend hours at night popping zits, eating peanut butter and crackers in bed or taking up my queen sized bed with fourteen pillows and a fuzzy green body pillow. Why?

I'm engaged. Yay!

Justin and I finally reached the conclusion that we like each other enough to start paying bills, clean house and do taxes together. Ahh, the bliss of marriage. I would just like to take the time to answer some commonly asked questions.

Q: How did he propose?
A: It was a beautiful Friday night. He took me to Thaifoon for dinner and then the U of U Homecoming Dance. We danced (and sweat) the night away. Afterward he took a different turn that led us to temple square. We were in front of the Salt Lake Temple when he asked me if I would marry him. Well... being the smart blonde girl I am, I thought he was kidding. So I replied "okay!" When he showed me the "ring" (a ring pop) I freaked out. Eventually I said yes for real.

Q: Where will you live?
A: Somewhere cheap, near the university, with a dishwasher.

Q: When are you getting married?
A: Friday afternoon, November 14th.

Q: Where's your engagement ring?
A: Sigh.... well, you can't really buy a size 3 so it's being custom made at the moment. In two weeks I get a size 5 ring to wear for a while with a plastic sizer so it won't fall off.

Q: How long have you been dating?
A: About 11 months.

Q: How does your family feel about it?
A: My parents couldn't be happier. Hilary doesn't really care. Caroline is way excited and has already begun some of the wedding planning.

Q: Why are you getting married during the semester?
A: Evelyn leaves Nov. 21st. It's really important to me that she be there. Besides, I hate long engagements. It never worked for Pam from the Office. So it wouldn't work for me.

Q: What's his last name?
A: Henderson. I'll be Adrienne Christine McAvoy Henderson. Or maybe McAvoy-Henderson. Haha.

Q: Where is the honeymoon?
A: We're thinking Jackson Hole for the weekend. But come December we're going to Brazil!

Q: What are your colors?
A: I'm not that far into it yet. I think we'll do our favorite colors. Green and orange. It could be like a throw-up motif.

Well, I think that covers it. It'll be a small wedding. But if you would like an invitation to the Open House, feel free to leave me your address and it would really help me.

2 comments:

Nate and Janie said...

Congrats Adrienne! I'm happy for you! Make sure to send an announcement my way!!

Evelyn said...

Adi,
I am just so very happy for you, my love! And I am honored that you're making this a quickie so I can be there. Even though you are abandoning our dream of cats and front porch sittin', I still think you are the bestest best friend a girl could ever hope for.
I love you!
Love,
Ev

p.s. LLFL!