Thursday, September 4, 2008

Congratulations to my rad girlfriends!!!

This is a tribute to my three girlfriends who all got their mission calls recently.

Congratulations, Mandy Reynolds on your call to Independence, Missouri! I'm so excited for you. Thank you for being one of my closest friends and for helping me through the tumultous times I went through while going through massage school. You were always there for me, even when I was a brat. You will do amazingly well serving the people in Independence! You have a wonderful gift of listening to others and empathizing. You are one of the most compassionate people I know.


Congratulations, Evelyn Mather! Manchester, England!! What a perfect call for you! You were made for that mission. I'm so excited for all the adventures and service you will experience. However, the thought of not seeing you for a year and a half is a little depressing. You have been an amazing friend throughout the years and continue to be. Your wisdom, depth and humor have been a saving grace for me for many years. I love you so much. I can't even begin to tell you how much I mean it. I know, without a doubt, that all the people you serve in England will fall in love with your personality and because of it, the Spirit will work miracles in those people ready to receive the Gospel of Christ. So, congrats! I look forward to seeing you go through the temple and begin your journey in full-time service to our God.

Finally, congratulations, Adrienne Tedjaumulia! I know you were waiting for your call for a LONG TIME! I was so excited to watch you open your letter and see your expression when you read "Taiwan, Taipei." That is also a perfect mission for you! You will be speaking Mandarin, something you've been working for for a year now. I'm so excited for you, Adi! You are so ready for your mission. With your patience, love, acceptance and openness to cultural changes/differences, you will serve an amazing mission and I know the people there will love you! I will also miss you. You have been my longest friend through my life. From 7th grade on (although you thought I was annoying then...) you have been someone I can trust 100% . I love you so much and I wish you the best!!

Love you all!! Thank you for blessing my life by being great friends and people I love and trust. You are going to be, and are GREAT!

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Thanks Adi! I will miss you terribly, but will do my best to send you exotic English (can those two words exist in the same sentence?) chocolates every few months or so.
You are also a friend that I love more deeply than I can express. Thank you so much for your love and support throughout my early-teen to now early-adult life.
I love you MUCHO!