Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Winter Wonderland

Winter this year has been a tease. First, a ton of snow very early on. And now? Nothing. Super lame for skiers, for the resorts, for our water reserves, and for my dogs who usually have a blast frolicking in snow up to their ears (literally). We took advantage of the early snow and snowshoed a bunch with Richie. The first time we went it was FREEZING and we didn't have real snow gear for little Richie. So we used several pairs of socks for mittens, tons of socks, fleece jammies, fleece jacket, fleece pants, and put him in the Ergo and zipped our own down jackets around him. He was toasty for the most part. After that we got him proper gear for an early Christmas gift.








In mid-December my employer, Montage, threw a big employee party with fancy food (even had great vegan options), an awards ceremony, and a dance. We got all dressed up for it and had a great time. I showed Justin around the Spa I work in and the back of house (fancy term for employee-only areas of the hotel).


But in the end I was just happy to come home and be with my beautiful family.


No comments: