Sunday, May 23, 2010

Best Time of the Year

Summer is the best season of the year. Why?

1. It's sooooo warm. There is an abundance of sunshine and greenery.

2. Normally there is no school, but this year I'm in school.... but it's way easier in the summer.

3. All my favorite things are in full swing: Farmers Markets, hiking, backpacking, running in the canyons, whitewater rafting, swimming, barbequeing, family/friend get togethers... etc.

4. Sleeping with all the windows open.

5. Park City is gorgeous and it's a good time to make money at the hotel.

6. My birthday!!


Let's talk about #6. I realize how lame it is to blog about my birthday when it is still 3 weeks away but I get really excited every year when it's coming up. All year long I let school, taking care of my family and other events take precedence over me. So I make a point to be a bit bratty about making sure that my birthday is JUST right and we do only what I want for just 16 hours. I think that's fair. 364 days of putting myself on the back burner constitutes one day where I can be the center of the universe... right?

This year I'm trying to decide what I want. Here are some things I've come up with.

Nike makes this neat little chip you can attach to your running shoes and another thing you plug into your nano iPod. They link together to track your distance, time and speed and you can make your playlists according to your running times. You can also keep a record of your times and workouts. So cool! I have a GPS watch, but the idea of the convenience of this little set up would eliminate the bulkiness of the watch on my tiny wrist.

Justin has a pro-form with Lole Clothing. Since they only make clothing for women, I have been looking at what I could use. Bermuda shorts for sure would be awesome. I think I like these best.
When I was taking piano lessons in Jr. High my teacher was from Hawaii. She would always give us lychee candy as a treat if we had practiced. Then when I had the actual fruit in Kauai last year I fell in love. There's gotta be an asian grocery store that sells lychee candy, right?
Ever since my Auntie Liz made me a virgin cosmo in New Jersey I fell in love with mocktails. Her sister, my Auntie Cathy made me virgin cosmos or "pink drinks" when I lived with her. This book has great reviews for serious mocktail/appertini/wine alternatives. I'm a foodie and the idea of making non-alcoholic beverages that are just as complex is really cool.

Lastly, a good solid sports bra is in order. I have worn out a few of my old ones from running a bunch. Justin can get good deals on these from backcountry.com.

Lastly... John Mayer is coming to Utah again! *Girly scream* I totally want tickets for me and Evelyn... since Justin thinks he would be viewed as gay if he went with me. Shrug. His loss. Tickets to see Mr. Mayer would be very very sweet.

No comments: