Wednesday, July 29, 2009

24th of July

Last weekend was the 24th of July. Sadly, it's never been a big deal for me and my family until the last few years when I really started to appreciate my pionner heritage. My great great great-grandfather was Peter Maughan. His second wife, Mary Ann Weston Maughan married him and they came to Utah from England. Peter Maughan was asked by Brigham Young to settle Cache Valley, which is now where Logan and Utah State University is located. He has a statue downtown SLC on 300 W and 300 S. I'm pretty proud of this heritage.
This year Justin had to work and I was on call for work so no parades for us. :( I did watch the Days of 47 parade on TV. Our ward did "The Avenues" float which was awesome. After Justin came home from work we spent the evening with Justin's family. Zach and Brandi have a stock pile of illegal fireworks from Evanston... even the nextdoor neighbor who was a cop off duty loved the fireworks. Zach and Brandi's college friends, Sveker and Becca were there with Justin's mom, Chris. I love this picture. It's totally Zach and Brandi's personality to light up roman candles as a couple. So romantic. Oakley didn't like the noises so she stood like this for over an hour. Haha. She's so adorable. I love my nieces. Here is my other niece, Rylee. She never smiles for anyone but her mom. This is the "Okay, I'll guess I'll sort of grin" look. This is Ashton watching the fireworks. It was a great night for him. His dad built him a Lego boat AND we had fireworks. He had trouble breathing he was so excited.

No comments: