Tuesday, March 31, 2009

White Rim Trail!

For spring break Justin and I drove down to southern Utah with friends and family. It was the Einfeldts (minus Dave), Mike and Janine Pope, Tom Swallow, my dad and Justin and I. We decided to do the white rim trail (80+ miles in the backcountry) in three days on mountain bikes. Yikes.

I will be honest. I'm not hardcore. I would love to be but that requires time. Time requires sacrifice in school and work which I cannot give. So after coming out of hybernation from the winter time with virtually no physical exercise and lots of holiday treats we decided to ride the trail.

However, I'm proud to say that I rode most of it. I rode 90% of the first day, 100% of the second day and 70% of the third day. The third day I took it easy because my wrists were starting to hurt and being a massage therapist requires my wrists to be healthy. Let me just say, my sore butt and back couldn't hold a candle to the AMAZING scenery that we were surrounded in. Here are some of the gorgeous pictures:
Here are all the girls ready to go at the trailhead.
Here we are in our goofy jerseys riding the first day.
And here are the gorgeous views of some of God's best work.

No comments: