Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Swimming with the babies

Today I also want to blog about this. Mostly so I can procrastinate studying, but also because it's more fun than memorizing my physiology words.

When I married Justin one of my favorite things I got from him were his nieces and nephew. I loved kids to begin with (which is why I always find myself babysitting or nannying) but these kids blow me away. They are so much cuter than any other children. I LOVE THEM!!! Ashton is four and is the oldest. He's so funny. When I first met him he would throw tantrums by running headfirst into the wall. He would collapse on the floor and just lay there until someone paid attention to him. He called Justin "Papa Sustin" for the longest time! Oakley is the next one and she is two. She's just putting sentences together and she LOVES men. It's so funny to see how she gets all gooshy with Justin. She's a princess. One time Brandi (her mom) asked her "Do you want to be a dancer?" She said, "no." "Do you want to be a gymnist?" "No." "Do you want to be a model?" "Yeah!" And she could too. She would make all the other Gap babies look like Raggedy Ann. Rylee is the last one and she was born in November. She is the serious one but I'm barely starting to get her to smile. She is quiet and sweet and adorable.

On Saturday we took the two oldest to an indoor swimming pool. They were a little freaked out at first because they are Hawaiian. They are used to beaches and outdoor pools. Even though they've grown up in Utah their mom has made sure they kept their roots. Eventually we got them to play.








No comments: