Sunday, April 20, 2014

End of season, beginning of Spring

As of this month I have started to feel like I'm myself again. Insomnia, postpartum hormonal changes, new baby, the new and awesome/horrific world of parenting, and my husband being a student again threw me into a whirlwind of un-awesomeness. Seriously, it was crazy. I've never felt like a different person like I have this last year. But after getting my insomnia under control with the use of homeopathics, acupuncture, meditation, behavioral therapy and cessation of breastfeeding (go ahead all you crazy pro-breastfeeding mommies, judge me) and Richie FINALLY sleeping through the night, all is well again in my world. I feel like ME!! A new, tired, more patient, mommy me, but me nonetheless. I love my baby finally as a mother should, I love my husband again like a wife should, and I feel productive, creative, and energetic like most humans should. Here are some updates!

Winter season came to a close. The ski season ended. I did this lovely hydrotherapy treatment called Elevation on one of our seasonal Argentinian associates and she let me take a picture of her. So here's a little glimpse into my professional life.


Ahhhh.... traditional european contrast hydrotherapy in a German made Trautwein tub at dusk with some color therapy after an invigorating salt scrub with spruce oil for increased lymph and blood flow, stimulating sebaceous gland production, and a little exfoliation. Yummmmm.

But I digress.

Richie is of course, adorable as EVER. I took him swimming for his 8 month birthday. He mostly hated it. Indoor pools are not his thing yet. But they will be if he's my child.

Richie and I came to visit cousin JJ at Grandma's house one day for a cute photo shoot. One day they'll appreciate these.



Oh this picture is just too cute. So here you go. You're welcome.

 I made some homemade body butter one day. It was amazing! I highly recommend making your own body butter from Rawmazing. It's seriously the best moisturizer I've ever used. I used Trader Joe coconut oil, Raw shea butter I purchased on Amazon, and laminaria (seaweed) oil from Spa Technologies and added DoTerra peppermint and orange essential oils. Amazing. Recipe here

One Saturday Justin humored me and we went to the Chocolate Festival at the Natural History Museum and I tasted the best chocolate ever from vendors around Utah. My favorite chocolate was definitely from Food of the Gods (the Mayan bar with cinnamon and raw cacao). Company website here

I started to get my hands dirty again in the garden boxes. Gardening really is my happy place. So far I've planted: bok choy, romaine, butter lettuce, brussel sprouts, cauli, carrots, beets, snow peas, snap peas, and radishes.

I also pruned the ancient plum tree that, given a few years and decent prunings, will be a productive fruit tree.

On Justin's birthday we ate at Red Iguana. I wanted to do something more fun but Justin decided to be a good scout leader instead and go on the scout campout (on which they lost the camp reservation and had to camp in the middle of nowhere and left most of the food home).

I had a particularly bad week when some garbage at work happened (why can't spas keep and have good management???). Justin cheered me up by doing this to Richie. I also bought myself some yummy vegan sushi which made up a little for it.



 I'm just glad I have my sweet husband to make life better.


And a cute babe who adores me.

 Now that I'm sleeping and have energy again and stopped breastfeeding, I'm gaining a little weight (after losing 10 from my pre-pregnancy weight). So to get motivated I signed up for the Xterra trail half marathon in June. I'm stoked and have started to trail run again with with dogs. It's been so great for my psyche and my body.
This week Richie and I left Justin and the dogs and trekked up to Seattle to see Caroline and her family. I was super nervous to take him on a plane for the first time by myself. But on the way there the flight was empty and we had the whole row and he was a rockstar. He conked out the last 20 minutes on my chest.

While in Seattle we drove all over the place with three carseats.
  While there, we saw the Fremont Bridge Troll (super creepy)....


Went to Kerry Park to see the overlook of Seattle....


Went to the beach at Golden Gardens...




Caroline and I went to Chocolati while the kids were in bed for some amazing chocolate...

Ate the best veggie burger of my life at Uneeda Burger...

Took Richie and Noah jogging in the stroller....



And hung out at their rad new home....


Exhausting and fun at the same time!
Then we took a flight home where Richie decided to be a terror and it was the longest 2 hours of my life.

And now it is Easter, my favorite holiday of the year. I love it the best because it is rich in significance, low on maintenance, and all around relaxing. I am so grateful my Savior is risen. That He died for me because He loves me more than His own life. I'm grateful that he conquered the grave because it means I can live again with my family. This is really what life is about. All the problems that come with everyday stuff like jobs, homes, health, etc. They all fade away in the end and we are left with those we love. Because my Savior atoned with His precious blood for my mistakes, I can be worthy to live with God again and with my family. He lived, He died, and now He is risen. How grateful and humbled I am for this precious gift.  Happy Easter.

No comments: