Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fall Semester 2008

So yesterday I officially started my first semester back at the U of U as a junior for fall semester. I've only been in school for two days, and this may change later on in the semester, but I love it!! Anyone who reads this will probably think, "what? are you insane? are you a masochist? seriously, what is your problem?" I know, I get it. School is rarely something people love or jump for joy over. And having a 7:30 am class three days a week isn't the most fun...

I have been out of the university for 2 years now trying to support someone else and going to massage school. It's so refreshing to be back! Today I was walking through campus looking around at all the other students and professors and I literally thought, "wow, what an amazing place! I get to come here and pay to learn ANYTHING I want!" What a gift! Knowledge at my fingertips. Granted, I do have to pay out the freakin ying yang (what does that expression even mean?) to do it, but I'm happy to.

I declared my major in Exercise Science (which may change to Exercise Physiology, depending...) and began some of my classes this week. Here is my schedule:

-Exploration of the Movement Sciences
-Human Anatomy (YAY!!)
-Sports in American Society
-Intellectual Traditions of the West
-Nutrition

Even though I'm taking 16 credit hours (gulp) I'm really excited to be back in school. I can't wait to learn everything about my major, write papers, speak up in class, etc. I love learning and I love school. I'm so grateful to go to a great university with awesome professors and facilities. And now I'm going to go for a run and then come home and start reading "The Odyssey" for my ITW class. The end!

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAY! School is the coolest! I'm so glad you are going back because education is MAJORLY important to you! And you are freaking good at school!

Anywho, I love you and I'm so proud of you, my little Adi!